The goal of this meeting is to create an action plan and the action plans will involve
What they will be doing?
Expected completion time?
Involve members from each branch of the family; get input from, and involve, the young family members.
- Set a timeline for completing tasks or assignments
- Committees meet as needed & report to on line meeting committee monthly
- Flashdrives – anyone who can donate these in time for us to put the family tree of the families that are attending the reunion.
- Postcards to exchange (table with postcards of where you live to share with other families from different parts of the country) – Use as a business card.
- Photos and stories to share at the reunion (Lisa suggested putting them on a digital display – large screen for everyone to look at and perhaps unknown photos that someone might recognize?
- Request promotional giveaways and printed information from local Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chambers of Commerce, or local businesses
- Download information from internet
- Language Question: Bilingual – English only – French only??
- Master of ceremonies
- Welcome signs
- Signs for events –
- Signs for directions to events etc.
- Ideas for Family Projects
- Visit ancestral grave sites; take pictures of headstones
- Make a family Heirloom Quilt –Jeannie McMann will look to see if her sister (Norma) would do it
- St. Benoit, Quebec
- St. Eustache, Quebec
- Rockland, Ontario Need to decide on this by next
- Vankleek Hill, Ontario meeting
- Combermere, Ontario
- Person who traveled the farthest
- Oldest attending
- Youngest attending
- First to register (Lisa’s father (Thomas) was first)
Family displays – Family committee chairpersons to arrange for their line
Computer and printer with genealogy program to find relatives – Media crew